Tisch Summer Fellows 2017: Washington, D.C. Area Sites
Build your skills and impact the community as a Tisch Summer Fellows in the Washington, D.C. area. In addition to individualized supervision at each placement, students will have the opportunity to attend TSF panels, connect with local alumni and also be supported by a Tisch Summer Fellows Graduate Assistant, serving as a resource and leading reflection meetings.
- TSF Washington, D.C. Fellows will receive a stipend of $4,000 to support their summer experience.
- PENTAGON applications were due at Noon on Tuesday, January 17, 2017, with application review immediately following.
- Regular applications were due at Noon on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 and application review began on Thursday, January 26th.
- Please be sure to review the list of required materials before submitting your application. The list of materials and the application can be found on the TSF 2017 Application Page.
- Each student may apply to up to 3 placements total, across all cities.
We have listed each placement under an interest category while recognizing that most internships are multi-disciplinary in nature. In order to assist with your search, we have listed other areas that each position includes after the organization. We encourage you to closely read all the descriptions as you may become interested in positions beyond your fist instinct!
Non-Profits: Community, Diversity, & Social Issues
- The Asia Foundation: Gender Equity, Women, Research
- The Constitution Project: Law, Criminal Justice, Media
- EveryoneOn – External Resources: Digital Divide, Communications, Fundraising, Policy
- EveryoneOn – Operations and Programs: Digital Divide, Management, Operations, Education
- Human Rights Campaign: LGBTQ Policy, Advocacy, Government
- League of Women Voters of the United States: Organizing, Public Relations, Communications
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty: Communications, Poverty Alleviation, Housing Law
Research, Education & Youth
Sustainability & Food Justice
Marketing & Communication
Government & Policy
- AARP: Advocacy, Aging, Health Policy
- Anti-Defamation League: Religious Discrimination, Human Rights
- National Defense University: Research and Writing, National Security
- National Housing and Rehabilitation Association
- Office of Senator Tim Kaine
- United States Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service: Research, Agricultural Trade, International Development
- United States Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service: Office of Capacity Building: Agricultural Trade, International Development
- The Voter Participation Center: Advocacy, Communications
- Washington, D.C. Office of Massachusetts Congresswoman Katherine Clark: Advocacy, Research, Education Policy
- Washington, D.C. Office of Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker: Research, Policy, Education, Military
- Washington, D.C. Office of Massachusetts Senator Edward J. Markey: Policy Research, Administrative
Pentagon Positions – NOW CLOSED
Please note that only U.S. citizens or naturalized citizens are eligible for Pentagon fellowships. If you are a naturalized or dual citizen interested in applying, please contact us as soon as possible to get more information. Those selected for interviews will go through a rigorous and lengthy security clearance process. Applications for Pentagon positions have an earlier application deadline to allow for this lengthy process to occur.
Pentagon applications were due at Noon on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 and are now closed.
- Acquisition Visibility, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense, Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- Advanced Systems, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation
- Congressional Support, Office of External Customer Support, Acquisition, Resources and Analysis, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense, Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- Economic and Manpower Division, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation
- Strategic Defense and Space, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation, Office of the Secretary of Defense