Build your skills and impact the community as a Tisch Summer Fellows in the Greater Boston area. In addition to individualized supervision at each placement, students will have the opportunity to attend TSF panels, connect with local alumni and also be supported by a Tisch Summer Fellows Graduate Assistant, serving as a resource and leading reflection meetings.
- TSF Greater Boston Fellows will receive a stipend of $3,800 to support their summer experience.
- Regular applications were due at Noon on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 and application review began on Thursday, January 26th.
- Please be sure to review the list of required materials before submitting your application. The list of materials and the application can be found on the TSF 2017 Application Page.
- Each student may apply to up to 3 placements total, across all cities.
We have listed each placement under an interest category while recognizing that most internships are multi-disciplinary in nature. In order to assist with your search, we have listed other areas that each position includes after the organization. We encourage you to closely read all the descriptions as you may become interested in positions beyond your fist instinct!
Community, Diversity, & Social Issues
- Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.: Human Services, Youth and Education
- Asian American Resource Workshop: Community Organizing, Activism
- Asian Community Development Corporation: Community Organizing
- Boston Area Health Education Center: STEM Education, Evaluation, Public Health, Youth
- Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center: Volunteer Management, Human Services
- Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center – One Chinatown
- BUILD: Grant Writing, Social Entrepreneurship, Educational Disparities
- Brazilian Womens Group: Immigrant Issues, Gender Equality, Policy
- Chinese Historical Society of New England: research, Humanities, Immigration
- Community Action Agency of Somerville: Anti-Poverty, Grant Research, Communications
- Greater Boston Legal Services: Asian Outreach Unit: Legal Aid, Immigration, Housing
- MassCOSH: Communication and Social Media, Worker Health and Safety, Community Organizing
- MassVOTE: Non-profit Management, Political Participation
- Somerville Community Corporation: Urban Planning, Affordable Housing, Community Organizing
- Spaulding Adaptive Sports Center: Health, Athletics, Physical and Cognitive Disabilities
Education & Youth
- Children’s Trust: Child Abuse, Child Development, Psychology, Prevention
- Lawrence Public Schools, Family Resource Center: Educational Resources, Social/Academic/Health/Economic Challenges
- Mystic Learning Center: Child Development, Literacy, Enrichment, Public Housing
- The Welcome Project: Immigration, Arts, Culture
Sustainability & Food Justice
- City of Medford, Office of Energy & Environment: Climate Change, Community Dialogue
- Daily Table: Nutrition, Healthy Food Access, Outreach and Communications
- Food for Free: Food Rescue, Community Collaborations, Agriculture
- Groundwork Lawrence: Fresh Food Access, Community Planning
- Groundwork Somerville : Youth, Urban Farming, Social Justice
- Haley House: Direct Service, Social Justice
- Somerville Homeless Coalition: Food Rescue
Marketing & Communication
Government & Policy
Technology & Innovation