Tisch College welcomes requests from individual undergraduate students or student groups for co-sponsorships of events and programs with a clear connection to active citizenship and/or social justice. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until funding is gone. Priority is given to efforts which will reach a large number of students. Graduate students, please see the Tisch Fund for Civic Engagement.
How to Apply
- Fill out the online co-sponsorship request form at least 2 weeks before funding is needed
- Once your application is received, we will schedule a time for you, and others from your group if applicable, to present to a panel of Tisch College reviewers
- After the panel has reviewed your application and presentation, we will email you with our decision and the amount of sponsorship funding if approved.
Preparing a strong application
Tisch College places particular emphasis on supporting programs or events which:
- Expand Tufts students’ interests around civic issues
- Combine your curricular and/or co-curricular interests with civic engagement
- Further the Tisch College mission of developing student capabilities to:
- Think critically about civic problems
- Engage effectively with diverse individuals and communities
- Communicate powerfully
- Collaborate effectively
- Understand their own values, motivations, and passions
- Most awards will be between $100-$500. If you’d like support for promoting your event without receiving funding, please see our event promotion guide.
- Co-sponsorship does not cover stipends or gifts.
- Only undergraduates are eligible to apply for co-sponsorship funding. Graduate and professional school students interested in funding opportunities should apply to the Tisch Fund for Civic Engagement. Medical students should contact Jennifer Greer-Morrissey, CSL Coordinator at Jennifer.Greer_Morrissey@tufts.edu.
- While co-sponsorship will primarily be given to on-campus events, Tisch College may consider co-sponsoring conference attendance. However, in order to be eligible for funding for conference attendance, students must plan ahead of time a specific event on campus to share the knowledge gained at the conference with other students.
Requirements for accepted proposals:
- Sponsored students are required to put a Tisch College logo on any promotional materials and follow Tufts’ visual identity guidelines.
- Sponsored students must send their flyer to Sarah Shugars, Communications Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be approved prior to the event/program, and must mention Tisch College at their event. If students fail to do so, the student or student organization will not be eligible to receive funding from Tisch College in the following year.
- Tisch College also requires that sponsored students submit a copy of any attendance lists (including names and emails of attendees) to TischCollegeSubmissions@tufts.edu.
For more information
If you have any questions, contact Sara Allred at email@example.com.