The common reading book selection for Tufts’ class of 2018 was The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates, by Wes Moore. We hope that this book will facilitate the self-reflection critical to contributing to your new intellectual community.
All incoming undergraduates were mailed a copy of The Other Wes Moore during the summer. We hope that you have enjoyed this read, engaged in conversations online, and participated in related activities offered throughout the fall semester. The common reading book is cosponsored by Tisch College and the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies.
Wes Moore addressed the Tufts community during a public lecture and book signing on September 8, 2014. Read about his talk here.
Common Reading Program goals:
- Introduce students to the expectations of Tufts’ intellectual community
- Provide a common source of community-building for all first year students
- Educate students about core Tufts values, including active citizenship
- Begin an exploration of interdisciplinary approaches to addressing social and political issues
- Encourage students to apply critical thinking skills to engage in civil dialogue and debate
For more information
Please contact Laura Doane, Associate Dean for Orientation and Student Transition, at Laura.Doane@tufts.edu or 617-627-4678.