The common reading book selection for Tufts’ class of 2018 is The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates, by Wes Moore. We hope that this book will facilitate the self-reflection critical to contributing to your new intellectual community.
All incoming undergraduates will be mailed a copy of The Other Wes Moore by early July. We hope that you will enjoy this read, engage in conversations online, and come to campus ready to participate in related activities offered throughout the fall semester. The common reading book is cosponsored by Tisch College and the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies.
Wes Moore will be addressing the Tufts community on Monday, September 8, 2014.
The common reading is also available for faculty and staff on a first come, first served basis. Please drop by Dowling 710 in July to pick up your complimentary copy.
Common Reading Program goals:
- Introduce students to the expectations of Tufts’ intellectual community
- Provide a common source of community-building for all first year students
- Educate students about core Tufts values, including active citizenship
- Begin an exploration of interdisciplinary approaches to addressing social and political issues
- Encourage students to apply critical thinking skills to engage in civil dialogue and debate
For more information
Please contact Associate Dean for Orientation and Student Transition Laura Doane at Laura.Doane@tufts.edu or 617-627-4678.