The Tufts University School of Medicine (TUSM) and the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service are pleased to announce the creation of the Honos Civicus Society at TUSM. Honos Civicus, Latin for “Civic Honors,” celebrates and publicly recognizes graduating fourth year students who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to community service and civic engagement during their studies at the Tufts University School of Medicine. Honos Civicus provides an opportunity to celebrate and reflect upon TUSM’s community involvement while creating an alumni network of active citizen physicians.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Honos Civicus Society, please complete the below application no later than 5pm on Friday, February 8, 2013.
To be eligible for the Honos Civicus Society at TUSM, you must:
- Be a graduating fourth year student in good academic standing.
- Complete the online application by the February 8th deadline.
- Have passed all TUSM classes.
Strong candidates for the Honos Civicus Society at TUSM will have:
- A demonstrated commitment to public service and civic engagement beyond the fifty hour requirement of the CSL program.
- A strong record of professionalism.
- Demonstrated leadership and persistence.
- Made a positive impact.
The benefits of membership in the Honos Civicus Society include:
- Recognition at a joint ceremony of Class of 2013 Tufts Dental and Medical School students accepted into the first professional school group of the Honos Civicus Society.
- Recognition at graduation, with a notation in the commencement program and an Honos Civicus pin on your commencement gown.
- Be featured on the Tisch College website and other Tufts University publications.
- Become a member of the TUSM Honos Civicus alumni group, an advantage for networking and future opportunities.
- All applications will be reviewed by members of the TUSM CSL Task Force.
- Notifications will be made by Monday March 4 at 5pm.
For more information
Please direct any questions about Honos Civicus to the CSL Coordinator, Jennifer.Greer_Morrissey@tufts.edu.