The Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) and the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service are pleased to announce that we are accepting recommendations and applications for the Honos Civicus Society Class of 2015 at TUSDM. Honos Civicus, Latin for “Civic Honors,” celebrates and publicly recognizes graduating fourth year students who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to community service and civic engagement during their studies at the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Honos Civicus provides an opportunity to celebrate and reflect upon TUSDM’s community involvement while creating an alumni network of health professionals who are excited to continue their commitment to active citizenship throughout their careers.
We invite students, faculty, staff, and community partners to recommend deserving members of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Class of 2015 to be a part of the Honos Civicus Society. We also invite students interested in Honos Civicus to apply. You do not need to be recommended in order to apply, but you must apply in order to be considered.
Strong candidates will have:
- A demonstrated commitment to public service and civic engagement. This must be beyond the minimum expected for degree requirements such as the required off-site rotations and community service learning externship (CSLE).
- Demonstrated dedication and/or leadership
- Made a positive impact
- An outstanding record of professionalism and ethical behavior
- Must be in good academic and professional standing (verified by a letter of good standing from Dr. Robert Kasberg, Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs)
- Must complete the online application by the stated deadline, to be announced later this year. That includes:
- Three reflection questions
- Letter of good standing
The benefits of membership in the Honos Civicus Society include:
- Recognition at a ceremony of the Class of 2015 Tufts Dental, Medical, and Nutrition students accepted into the Honos Civicus Society.
- Recognition at graduation, with a notation in the Senior Biography publication and an Honos Civicus pin for the commencement gown.
- Featured on the Tisch College website and other Tufts University publications.
- Membership in the Honos Civicus alumni group, an alumni network of active citizen health professionals.
Applications will be reviewed by the TUSDM Honos Civicus Committee, which includes representatives from Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service, faculty members from the School of Dental Medicine and representatives from the Office of Student Affairs.
Application timeline for the Class of 2015 will be announced later this year.
If you’d like to recommend that someone apply to Honos Civicus, please complete the recommendation form.