The Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy and the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life are accepting applications for the Honos Civicus Society Class of 2017. Honos Civicus, Latin for “Civic Honors,” celebrates and publicly recognizes graduating students who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to community service and civic engagement during their studies at the Friedman School. Honos Civicus provides an opportunity to celebrate and reflect upon the school’s community involvement while creating an alumni network of health professionals who are excited to continue their commitment to civic engagement throughout their careers.
Read about the 2017 Friedman School of Nutrition Inductees.
- Recognition at a ceremony of Class of 2017 Tufts Dental, Medical, and Nutrition students accepted into the Honos Civicus Society.
- Recognition at graduation, with a notation in the commencement program and an Honos Civicus pin for the commencement gown.
- Features on the Tisch College website and other Tufts University publications.
- Membership in the Honos Civicus alumni group, an alumni network of civically engaged health professionals.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Students must have participated in community service or civic engagement activities above and beyond what is required at the Friedman School.
- We invite applications from students graduating in May or August 2017, as well as previous graduates from February 2017 and August 2016.
Strong candidates will have:
- A demonstrated commitment to public service and civic engagement beyond the minimum expected for degree requirements (ALE, internship)
- Demonstrated leadership and dedication within community service project(s)
- Made a positive impact on the community served and on you as an individual
- An outstanding record of professionalism and ethical behavior
- A strong academic record
January 15, 2017: Application period opens
March 1, 2017: Application due
April 1, 2017: Announcement of Class of 2017 Honos Civicus Society
May 16, 2017 | 12:30-2:30 p.m.: Honos Civicus Society Induction Ceremony and Luncheon
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page or email Lori.Ioannone@tufts.edu.