All full-time and clinical faculty at Tufts are eligible to apply. A priority of the program is to support faculty members who are likely to be at Tufts for several years (including tenured faculty and also faculty who are not tenured or tenure-track, but who expect to be at Tufts for the longer term). A limited number of slots are open to junior colleagues, including pre-tenure faculty, but only in instances where it is clear that participation in the program will directly help them to get tenure or to secure a long-term appointment.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Short letter to Peter Levine, Tisch College director of research and director of CIRCLE, about personal goals and background, and how you would use and apply the experience.
- Approval of (sign-off by) your department chair and school dean. (Indicate in your application letter that you have communicated with them and they support your application.)
- Applicants will then interview with Peter Levine.
Applications are due June 30, 2013.They may be submitted electronically or in hard copy, addressed to Peter Levine, Peter.Levine@tufts.edu.
- Strength of interest and commitment
- Diversity of schools and departments (reach parts of Tufts that are currently underrepresented in active citizenship work and build clusters of strength.
Responsibility of Fellows
- Attend at least six sessions, out of eight, throughout the academic year
- Prepare for sessions and participate actively in them
- Apply what you learn to a designated individual project: a course (new or revised), research project or service endeavor
- Organize a group project with other Fellows (possibilities include strengthening web-based resources for Tisch Faculty, organizing a roundtable or curriculum development workshop for a broader group of faculty, preparing a special issue of a journal, or creating your own project)
- Submit a short final report (personal plans and reflections) in May 2013
- Upon successful completion of the program, fellows join Tisch College Faculty (secondary academic appointment)