At the end of the 2010-11 academic year, Rob Hollister stepped down as founding dean of the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service. Since then Interim Dean Nancy Wilson has been leading the growth and development of Tisch College.
Tisch College drives Tufts University’s commitment to producing active, engaged, and effective citizens. Partnering with every Tufts school, Tisch College champions active citizenship across the university and incubates new opportunities for engaged learning and research. A national leader in civic education, Tisch College is setting the standard for the engaged role of higher education institutions. Its work has been embraced by faculty, students, and alumni throughout the Tufts community.
In our efforts to identify the next Tisch College dean, the search committee will be inviting and considering a range of nominations from academia and the world of public service, and will be seeking input from our students, faculty, alumni, and community partners. Download the position description for the Tisch College dean (pdf).
The following individuals have generously agreed to serve on the search committee:
- David Harris (chair), Provost and Senior Vice President
- Laura Doane, Associate Dean, AS&E
- Emani Holyfield, A15
- Deborah Jospin, J80, Member, Tufts University Board of Trustees; Chair of the Tisch College Board of Advisors
- Daniel LeBlanc, Chief Executive Officer, Somerville Community Corporation; Member, Tisch College Board of Advisors
- Julia Leis, F14
- John Rush, Professor and Associate Chair of Clinical Sciences, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
- Christine Sanni, Senior Director of Advancement Communications and Donor Relations
- Chris Swan, Associate Dean and Associate Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, School of Engineering
- Jeffrey Stewart, A90, Partner, Walnut Hill Media; Member, Tisch College Board of Advisors
- Nancy Wilson, Interim Dean of Tisch College
- Wanda Wright, Assistant Professor of Public Health and Community Service, School of Dental Medicine
- Gary Roberts, Assistant Provost, Staff
We have engaged Spencer Stuart, an executive search firm, to support the work of the search committee. Nominations or applications may be submitted to them at Tischdean@spencerstuart.com.